The employment standards build upon existing requirements under the Human Rights Code in relation to how to accommodate individuals with disabilities throughout the job application process and the employment relationship.
We will take the following steps:
1. Recruitment – Sheridan Nurseries will notify its employees and the public about the availability of accommodations for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process.
2. Recruitment, Assessment or Selection Process – Sheridan Nurseries will notify job applicants when they are individually selected to participate further in an assessment or selection process that accommodations are available upon request, in relation to the materials or processes to be used in the job assessment or selection process. If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, we will consult the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the individuals accessibility needs due to disability.
3. Notice to Successful Applicants – When making offers of employment, we will notify the successful applicant of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
4. Documented Individual Accommodation Plans – Sheridan Nurseries will maintain a written process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
5. Return to Work Process – Sheridan Nurseries will maintain a documented return to work process for its employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and who require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work. The return to work process outlines the steps we will take to facilitate the return to work and will include documented individual accommodation plans as part of the success.
6. Sheridan Nurseries will take into account the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities, as well as individual accommodation plans when conducting performance management, providing career development and advancement to employees, or when redeploying employees.
The Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five years.
For more information on this accessibility plan or to request it in another format, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.