Great Careers are Grown Here!
An individual with exceptional data entry skills and strong attention to detail to compute, classify and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform a combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties for use in maintaining accounting records.
• Data entry and filing of invoices and preparation of cheques
• Handle related phone calls
• Travel to garden centres in Greater Toronto Area during peak times to assist
• Assist other departments/locations with projects, managing multiple priorities as required
• Relieve head office receptionist as needed
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Basic accounting skills
• Microsoft experience
• Flexible with strong ability to multi-task
• Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
Location: Glen Williams
These full time seasonal positions are in Glen Williams or Norval, Ontario. The positions involve repetitive work which may include pruning, potting, propagation, general field work, driving forklift, shipping/receiving, and/or plant maintenance. Position lengths vary according to workload and weather. Must be able to work in a fast paced and physically demanding environment often outside in inclement weather conditions. Must be able to communicate effectively for job requirements and safety. Will require evening and weekend work, depending on seasonal weather patterns. Requires your own transportation - no public transit available.
This full time permanent position involves working as part of a team that is responsible for coordinating the assembly (picking) and shipping of Container grown plants. Work is outside in all weather conditions with long hours in the spring and includes crew work in winter.
- Good leadership qualities, excellent communication skills
- Well organized with good attention to detail
- Problem solving skills - ability to resolve conflicts quickly and effectively
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of woody ornamental varieties an asset
This full time permanent position several responsibilities
1. Scouting, control and record keeping for our weed-free and rodent control programs
2. Assisting with mechanical and grounds maintenance on the farm
3. Able to join other work crews as priorities require
• Physically fit, work is outside in all weather conditions
• Organized with good record keeping skills
• Resourceful and work well independently
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Experience in horticulture or Growers pesticide safety course would be an asset. Training will be provided
This full time position involves leading and motivating a crew to work efficiently and safely to meet production targets. During spring and summer supervise the potting of close to 1 million plants, then other growing activities throughout the year.
- Good leadership qualities
- Organized with accurate record keeping and reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills - ability to resolve conflicts quickly and effectively
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as individually
- Attention to detail
To be part of a team that shapes the dynamic future of a major part of our “growing” business. This position reports to the V.P. Nursery Operations. Location: Norval (Halton Hills) Ontario.
- Manage program development and new introductions
- Oversee perennial programs for sale to trade and retail customers
- Enable the execution of optimum plant growing conditions and care schedules
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills serving our customers and suppliers
- Strong business conceptual skills, program planning and execution
- Customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Computer skills including Windows
- Proven track record in operations management, preferably in a horticultural environment
- Working knowledge of propagation, chemical and fertilizer applications
- Experience in coordinating, supervising and training others to accomplish goals
- Critical, dynamic thinking, operating independently
- Strong supervisory skills with experience in maintaining a sound safety and loss control policy
- Logistics experience in assembly and shipping is a plus
- Post secondary education an asset but not mandatory
Please fill out a general application or attach resume.
We are looking for creative, energetic, 'out-of-the-box' thinkers to join our Landscape Design Team in Mississauga, Brampton and Georgetown.
Designers will be required to visit our Guest's property, evaluate exisiting conditions and make suggestions accordingly.
Applicant will have experience in residential landscape design. A certificate in Landscape Design would be an asset.
Designers must be able to produce sketches while on site with guest. Master Plan experience would be an asset. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) is required. Must have own transportation.
The duties of this position are to coordinate, organize and handle various administrative duties on behalf of the store management including overseeing inventory accuracy with regards to purchase orders and receivables.
POS Assistants are responsible for accurate entry and administration of inventory receivables and purchase orders in the POS system and to assist the office supervisor and management in administrative tasks as well as general office duties such as clerical work, phone answering, computer supervision and equipment maintenance.
The ideal candidate has administrative experience, is detail oriented and has good interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and general computer techniques is required. Good mathematical and typing skills are a must. POS experience is an asset. This position will be required to work days, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
The duties of this position are to coordinate, organize and handle various administrative duties from April to June on behalf of the Landscape Design department located adjacent to the Sheridan Nurseries Unionville Store.
Administrative Assistants in the landscape design department are responsible for answering phone inquiries regarding landscape service, contact guests via telephone and email explaining design and install service and assigning designers and contractors as needed based on the service requested. They enter guest information in databases and email designers, guests and contractors on the correspondence required.
The ideal candidate has experience in customer service, with excellent phone etiquette, is detail oriented and has great interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and general computer techniques is required. They must possess accurate data entry abilities and efficient grammar and typing skills. This position will be required to work days, evenings and weekends as scheduled with generally 22 to 35 hours per week.
These positions involve the operation of a computerized POS system, record keeping in relation to cash procedures, guest service and custodial tasks as required.
Cashiers are responsible for ensuring every guest transaction is done with excellent service and cash tills balance in accordance with our POS systems.
Ideal candidates will have experience in guest service, cash handling, have good organizational skills and an enthusiastic approach to guests. POS experience is an asset. These positions will be required to work days, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
The duties of this position include the selling, stocking, merchandising, and overall assistance with garden supply categories (includes fertilizers, pesticides, garden tools, bulk soils pots etc)
Garden Supply Sales Associates are responsible for giving our guests excellent service and quality advice in the categories assigned to them.
The ideal candidate has quality experience in retailing garden supply products with an enthusiastic approach to customers. This position is required to work days, evenings, and weekends as scheduled.
The duties of this position include driving in rural and urban areas including downtown Toronto, loading and unloading of product and overall assistance in the garden centre.
Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering and receiving product in excellent condition, obeying all MTO requirements and keeping organized documentation of all trucking and delivery related information.
The ideal candidate has quality experience in driving in the city with an enthusiastic approach to guests. Holds a G class license with a clean driving abstract. This position is required to work days, evenings, and weekends as scheduled.